Environmental Impairment Liability policies are written to protect the client from claims arising from pollution occurring due to an incident on their site or project. The implications following an environmental incident can be significant, both financial and business interruption, especially when the event generates substantial publicity.
As there is limited coverage provided under a standard liability or property insurance policy, the Environmental Impairment Liability policy is designed to help protect the asset of a company by filling the gap created by these existing policies.
The cover arranged would normally also feature coverage for the following items:
- Bodily injury, property damage and cleanup claims
- Covers both sudden and gradual events
- Suits any contractor conducting work at third party job sites
- Policies tailored to individual needs
- Coverage that responds to the evolving environmental legislation.